WHY DO I RUN???
MAINTAIN IDEAL WEIGHT
My half year Marathon planner is as follows:
- 15 Jan Mizuno Wave Run
- 19 Feb Putrajaya Hari Wilayah
- 11 Mar Brooks Half Marathon
- 13 May PJ Dawn
- 24 June SCKL
Some Training Tips from specialists at the RunSafe Clinic, UCSF Medical Center that will help you get the most out of your marathon training. And remember, it's not just about how fast you finish the race, it's about avoiding injury and having fun.
1. Alternate easy and hard days of training.
2. Run with others who also is preparing for a marathon, can provide support, advice, structure and motivation.
3. Warm up and cool down to prevent injuries and get the most out of your workout or race .
4. Stay hydrated and fueled up.
5. Wear proper shoes and running gear.
6. Mind the surface on which you run.
7. Be careful of injuries.
8. Listen to your body - don't burn out before the race.
9. Taper before the race- considered the last 21 days before the marathon; should run less and rest a lot more by reducing your weekly and long run mileage.