BROOKS 10KM RUN 2012

 
Approximately 6800 runners registered this year (and i was one them) as compared to last year with 5000 participants. But higher number of participants have caused congestion since there was only one small lane to enter the Stadium for the flag-off and people were climbing up the gates when the queue was terribly bad. Resulted that many runners especially 10km runners were very late when crossing the starting line. More entrances should be open for runners to enter to the stadium to avoid congestion in the future.

 
Nevertheless, it was a well organized event; the flag-off and finish line was inside the stadium, as it was brighter and more spacious. On top of that, the food e.g. kaya bun, tau fu fa, red bean, water melon, milo etc were ready for runners, supporter and family members without having to show any coupon. Thanks to the generosity of the organizer.

 This Brooks marathon is my third run after Terry Fox 2010 and SCKL 2011. In addition to that, this is the first 10km run for me (previously 5km max). K7979 is my "Lucky number" :)


I'm so lucky because i arrived at the Stadium at 5.30am so i was able to avoid the congestion and was able to prepare myself for the run. We were flagged off at 6.15am after the warm-up session conducted by the organizer (i had Subuh prayer @ Petronas Station - mana boleh lupa/tinggalkan solat). The weather was great. The water station was good. The route was a bit tough with hilly terrain. I almost giving up on the hilly terrain but when i saw few veteran runners next to me, i felt motivated. I also received some moral supports from other male and female runners who were running next to me. Hence, I kept on running till the end :)

Alhamdulillah i've successfully completed the race within 1 hour and 43 minutes while wearing Premium Beautiful corset without any injuries (finished at 706th place out of 1040 runners in the same category as me)!!! The corset really help in increasing my metabolism rate which lead to more calories burning while i was on the run.

For more Brooks RACE-RESULT, CLICK HERE.

I am so proud of myself that i managed to complete this 10km run which initially i thought it was impossible for me. So it is proven that "NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE". You just have to believe in yourself. You just have to have faith in yourself. Yes running is not as easy as putting on your shoe and run. There are some techniques to be learned and more importantly is PRACTICE, PRACTICE and PRACTICE.



It was a great run!!! And of course i want to do it again because i really enjoy it :)

Many thanks to the organizer for arranging the hilly challenging route and thanks to the volunteers for their helpfulness. Would love to join Brooks marathon again next year :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TEATER BADAI SEMALAM, 20 NOV 2011 3PM

REMINISCING MY TRIP TO SEOUL (PART 3)

BARANG DAPUR BASAH